Module 1 : Types of operating systems , db basics and networking fundamentals
- Various flavors of Operating Systems – Windows, Linux etc.
- Basics of Database, different types of Databases available and basic difference between them.
- Fundamentals of Networking , IP, CIDR, Topologies and Protocols.
- A mini project – Draw an architecture diagram for a given scenario.
Module 2 : Linux and python essentials
- Top 20 Linux commands and working example of them
- Top 20 Python commands and working example of them.
- Linux Shell script – 5 use cases
- Python script – 5 use cases.
- Mini Project – Automation with Shell and Python.
Module 3 : Virtualization
- Different types of Virtualization .
- Various types of Hypervisor .
- Types and Models of Cloud .
- Mini Project – draw a hybrid cloud model for a client.
Module 4 : AWS Cloudessentials
- AWS Networking – VPC , Subnets, route tables, NACL etc .
- AWS Compute – EC2, ELB and Autoscaling .
- AWS Database – RDS
- AWS Storage – S3
- AWS Cloudformation
- Setup a dev environment for a client
Module 5 : Monitoring and Logging
- Key concepts & Benefits
- Logging Tools
- Release Management
- Configuration Management
- Infrastructure Monitoring
Module 6 : Server technologies – apache, nginx and tomcat
- Introduction to multi-tier architecture Application
- Deploying Web Server on Apache/Nginx
- Deploying Application on Tomcat
- Communication between multi-tier and securing them
- Mini Project on deploying a 3 tier application.
Module 7 : Configuration management with Puppet
- Learning Objectives : This module introduces you to an important topic called “Infrastructure -as-Code”. You can learn about the master-agent architecture and catalog compilation in Puppet. You will also learn to write a Puppet program using Puppet DSL.
- Topics : Puppet Introduction, Puppet Architecture, Basic Puppet Terminologies, Puppet Language Constructs.
- Practicals to be covered : Show the folder structure in Puppet master and client, Install Apache Tomcat, Install JDK.
- Deep dive into the Puppet module and helps you learn how to install modules from a third-party tool. You can also learn about node classification using hiera and ENC, Puppet environment structure and configuration, various kinds of puppet classes and puppet template.
- Puppet Modules, Node Classification, Puppet Environment, Puppet Classes, Puppet Template.
- Practicals to be covered : Write code for DEV to use Java/Tomcat 8 and PROD to use Java/Tomcat 7, Illustrate overriding of a tomcat application, Create a template for tomcat configuration file.
Module 8 : CI-CD
- Introduction to Jenkins
- Create a deployment job.
- Setup CI-CD pipeline with chef and Jenkins.
- Mini Project on create a dev environment for client.
Module 9 : Continues Monitoring with Nagios
- Learning Objectives : This module helps you integrate Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, and create an application using them. You can also learn about system monitoring using Nagios and its components.
- Topics : Combining Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, Introduction to Nagios, Nagios Plugins, Nagios Objects, Nagios Commands, Nagios Notification.
- Practicals to be covered : Configure Nagios to monitor Web server, Remove Tomcat container, Nagios server config and modify puppet script to automatically add web server to list of servers to be monitored.
Module 10 : Log monitoring – basics of splunk
- Splunk Introduction
- Splunk Architecture
- Log forwarding with Splunk
- Log monitoring with Splunk
- Mini Project – Setup Log monitoring for an environment .
Module 11 : Docker fundamentals - how to build and ship a sample application on various environment
- Docker Fundamentals
- Docker Image
- Docker Hub
- Mini Project – build and ship a sample application on various environment.
Module 11 : Final project
- Setup DevOps workflow for a development team.